Back in April we reported on the amazing growth of zip2save.com in just its first 6 months of existence. Now, just three months later, we’re happy to tell a story that just keeps getting better and better. zip2save.com is a national and local shopping and advertising portal that features coupons (including grocery), advertising circulars, product search, direct shopping links to retailers' Web sites, travel specials and more.
Major developments include:
- zip2save.com now has over 1,200 media partners across the U.S.; and, we are now expanding beyond newspapers, as our first TV, radio station and magazine partners are launching in August.
- Our Spanish-language feature launched last week; and, our first Hispanic media partner will join us in August.
- E-commerce is now available on the site with over 700,000 retail products featured (sales take place directly on retailers' Web sites through approved affiliate programs).
- Traffic is growing in the 25% - 40% range per month; we will hit 325,000 monthly uniques in July and 400,000 in August. Through SEM, we will hit 1 million by the end of the year.
- zip2save mobile is currently being tested in 5 markets (Chicago, Long Island, NY, Providence, RI, Bloomington, IN and Lake Tahoe, NV) and will roll out to all zip markets in a few weeks. The zip2save.com app is now live on iPhone and Android; BlackBerry is just another week or so away. A text messaging option is also available.
- A shopping list and price watch feature were just added to the site.
- Grocery coupons are a major focus of the site, with over 20,000 prints per month by zip2save.com users.
- More than 70 major retailers are now participating on the site including: Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, hhgregg, Sears, JCPenney, Kohl's, Lowe's, Bass Pro Shops, Office Max, Office Depot, Walgreens, Macy's, Meijer, Payless Shoe Source, Radio Shack & more. Thousands of local retailers are also advertising on zip2save.com.
- Facebook and Twitter integration are now on the site. Other innovative social networking tools are under development and will launch in the fall.
- A $5 million capital raise is underway to hire more staff and to expand the marketing budget to put zip2save.com on an even faster track.
zip2save.com is a rare example of industry collaboration. Media partners are leveraging the power of their legacy products and sales staffs to produce a digital shopping solution for retailers. The hyper-local focus of the site is a major differentiator from other national sites. For more information regarding zip2save.com and to learn how you too can become a newspaper partner, please contact us 866-451-5567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.