Live from the Local Media Association/Blinder Group/Florida Press Association Revenue Summit
By Nancy Lane, President, Local Media Association
At the start of the second day, Mike Blinder asked attendees to share their top take aways/action items from the first day. More than 20 hands shot up immediately to share with the group. In no particular order, these were the top ones:
- Start a new business development team and hire hunters (many mentioned this in reference to Chris Edward's presentation from Cedar Rapids - featured yesterday on this site)
- Have your sales reps collect video testimonials from their clients and share them at the weekly sales meeting. This came from Jim Doyle's "8 to be Great". Jim is the top sales trainer to the TV industry.
- Many liked the iPad app that Brainworks showcased during the working lunch. It is designed for sales reps and features a location-based map that shows them businesses in the area that are and are not advertising with the paper. Helps with prospecting while on the road.
- Big format banner ads coming out of Europe (from Nancy Lane's presentation on WAN-IFRA study tour) - many are eager to experiment with them
- Add more digital expertise to their team (came from several presentations)
- Have the sales team write their own job descriptions and work with each rep on a new business development plan
- Getting back to sales basics with the account executives (attendees expressed their plans in a number of ways)
The atmosphere at the Revenue Summit has been positive and inspiring. The feedback has been fantastic.
Local Media Association will be issuing a FREE white paper in the coming weeks that will outline the highlights and key takeaways from the entire summit. It is just one more new member benefit that has been added this year. Stay tuned for more details.