Local Media Foundation and
The McCormick Foundation Present
A FREE Day of Programming
"The New Newsroom -
Reporting in a Social and Hyperlocal World"
a FREE conference
May 15, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Crown Plaza Avenue Chicago Downtown
Join us for a day of analysis and discussion on the new world of news coverage. Social media and hyperlocal news sites have forever changed the way journalists work. We've gathered a wide variety of leaders who will dig deep, debunk myths, and leave you with actionable improvements you can bring to your newsroom.
- Using social media to enhance a journalist's reputation and brand; and then drive traffic back to the original reporting in print and online
- The impacts of social media on the subjects we cover and report on
- Do's and don'ts of social media policies
- The hyper-locals are organizing: are they sustainable? Should we worry? Should we partner?
- Design and strategy shifts for competing with hyper-local news sites
Who Should Attend:
Editors, reporters, designers - anyone involved in the gathering and delivery of local journalism will benefit from this FREE conference, sponsored by the McCormick Foundation.
FREE conference registration is limited to the first 50 registrants.